Welcome to MASERVIC
MASERVIC is a division of the Maryland Counseling Association (MCA) with the mission of our national organization: "ASERVIC is an organization of counselors and human development professionals who believe spiritual, ethical, and religious values are essential to the overall development of the person and are committed to integrating these values into the counseling process."
Check here for upcoming events!
Bi - Weekly VIRTUAL "Spirituality Peer Support Group for Counselors and ALL Helping Professionals” Tuesdays NOON - 1:30 pm
PLEASE Pass this onto anyone else who you think could benefit from our group
THIS OPEN GROUP is sponsored by the Maryland Counseling Association (MCA) and Maryland's Association for Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counseling (MASERVIC). Please join us to gain a deeper/new perspective on our connection to ourselves, each other, and the bigger picture. You are welcome to bring a friend or colleague and your lunch/coffee, etc.
WE CULTIVATE & COLLABORATE in a very supportive environment with lively discussions for graduate students, counselors, and ALL helping professionals. We will discuss cases, self-care, and what we found are the best mind/body and spiritual techniques for ourselves and our clients.
What attendees have said from joining the group: They have found our open group to be very inspiring, uplifting, and informative, to connect to other helping professionals as a sounding board and to receive feedback and advice. They expressed they have received wonderful support, experiences, and endless amounts of resources. Also, the helpful techniques and perspectives they have learned have greatly benefited them with self-care ideas, secondary trauma, and isolation they may have felt throughout 2020 and beyond.
The Bi-Weekly Virtual Group meeting's link will be sent out the day of each meeting.
Together we can mindfully thrive and collaborate with hope, to encourage a more uplifting and peaceful world!
Suggested Topics Below: We would love your suggestions and ideas for topics to discuss, as well as, events to create and attend during the year!
* What “Aha” moments have you had from this past year of Covid, uncertainty, and stress issues?
* How do you broach spirituality during consultations, hospice visits, therapy sessions, supervision, etc?
* What Self-Care techniques best support YOU and also your clients' spiritual awareness and growth?
* What do you think about the goodness of fit between client's and therapy counselor's values, or pastoral counselors and their congregants?
* How have you worked with clients who felt hurt/wounded by their religious upbringing and experiences?
* How have you encouraged people you are working with to advocate for themselves or others?
* How has implicit bias or prejudice affected your therapy or other sessions?
* What do you do about countertransference during therapy sessions?
* For 5 or 10 minutes we could have a different therapist or spiritual helping professional explain, or have us experience a technique or perception, which has seemed to benefit others. Learning about group attendees' expertise can help us better understand who to refer to, if they accept insurance, and the scope of work of spiritually infused therapists and helping professionals. Also, hearing a success story, with work or life that we would like to talk about, could be very inspirational.
* Case conceptualization can be very helpful to our group.
* Does your own spirituality guide your work? If so, how?
* What do you want to learn from the group, or what would you like to contribute during our meetings or events?
MASERVIC President: Marilyn Spenadel, LCPC, ACS (240) 426-8344
Please email or call MarilynSpenadel@gmail.com for any suggestions or ideas that you may have. We look forward to meeting you!
MASERVIC Vice-President: Michael Ryan, LGPC, NCC (240) 293-0191 Email Michael.D.Ryan23@gmail.com for questions concerning connecting to us for our virtual meetings.
MASERVIC Secretary: Opened Position - Email us if you're interested.
MASERVIC Treasurer: Joseph Mauler
MASERVIC Professional Development Committee Chair: Rev. Twanda Prioleau
Past President: Maya Georgieva, Ed. D., LCPC
2020-21 MCA President - Dr. Sara Pula
Maryland Counseling Association
5430 Campbell Blvd., Suite 113
White Marsh, MD 21162